Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Railing 2D vs 3D Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are other people having this issue?

If I change the end extension of a railing handrail or toprail, to anything other than 0, the top and bottom offsets differently in plan view. It should line up, and it does in the 3D view.

Attached shows two railings that should meet, but don't in plan. The section looks fine too.
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barron,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about this!

First, may I ask which Archicad version and build number are you using? Many bugs with the railing have been fixed recently in an update, therefore I would like to make sure that Archicad is updated.

If everything is up to date, then could you share a sample of your project with the railing for further checking? Let me know if you'll need a secure link for uploading the file as well!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

I'm using Archicad 24, so this is a current issue. I know it also existed in AC 23. Thanks!

Barron
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barron,

Thanks for the information! Then could you share with me a small sample of your project that is demonstrating this issue?
Please let me know if you need a place to upload the file to also! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

PVBergkrantz
Expert
A similar bug to this still exists in AC23, when you add a fillet to the ending of a railing, it shows up as shorter in plan view, even though the length is correct in 3d and in section. Maybe there is some issue with the way the length is calculated in plan, that it takes into consideration the "longer" railing due to the curve, but it should be consistent between 3d/plan/section.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

I am very sorry for the late response! We have concluded the investigation, and it turned out to be an undiscovered bug in Archicad! We entered it as a defect in our system. I hope that the bug will be addressed soon!

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Feel free to ask me again if you have any further question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT