Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rectangular cut rafters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a brand new user of ArchiCad and have really enjoyed it. One thing I'm having a problem with is creating rectangular cut rafters. I have found the place in the wizard to select this option, but is there any way to specify the length of the horizontal & vertical legs? I have also tried trimming off the bottoms of vertically cut rafters at a given distance, but they don't seem to stay trimmed. I'd appreciate any help or tips on the best way to draw this type of roof/rafter.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a little trouble understanding the situation. Post a screen shot or describe it a little more and I will try and help. I am somewhat new also but I have a pretty good understanding of the tools available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I doubt if a picture would help, but say I had a rafter & at the tail I wanted the vertical leg (fascia) of the cut to be 6" tall. I'm just wondering if there's a way to specify that - it doesn't seem like it. I appreciate the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:
I doubt if a picture would help
It's better to make it two or even three.

Seriously, picture always says more than words.

Cheers
Karl Ottenstein
Chris wrote:
I doubt if a picture would help, but say I had a rafter & at the tail I wanted the vertical leg (fascia) of the cut to be 6" tall. I'm just wondering if there's a way to specify that - it doesn't seem like it. I appreciate the help.
I agree about us needing a picture ... I thought I understood what you were asking until this post. Please post "this is what I want" and "this is what I get" images and you'll probably get an answer rather quickly.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB