BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rectangular openings in curved walls

Victor Pop
Booster
Hi, first time poster here!

I'm having a situation where:
1. I have 1 composite load bearing wall on which I added a rectangular opening
2. I added a curtain wall
3. I added an additional interior non load bearing wall with an additional rectangular opening for the purpose of hiding the curtains when opened, and creating blackout in the room when they are closed.

You can find an image of what I'm trying to explain here: https://ibb.co/Xzx2P6N.

The first issue is that I can't create this from a single wall, regardless of my Closure type or Reveal type of the rectangular opening. perhaps anyone can help me with this.

Second issue is when this identical situation happens on a curved wall. No matter how hard I played with the settings, it just doesn't display right.

See my take on this here: https://ibb.co/c6QrQPK

Can anyone please lead me in the right direction, or explain how I can achieve this from only 1 rectangular opening, not 2 of them on 2 different walls, or if this isn't possible, any other alternative?

Thanks!
Victor Cosmin Pop / Architect

www.atelierularhitext.com

AC25 INT • M1 MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM (for late nights couch working) • Windows 10 2080TI Ryzen 5950X 128 GB RAM (for burning money on electricity)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
If you are using multiple walls, you have no choice other than to add a separate opening in each wall.

However, if you are using 24 then you have the new opening tool that can be placed in one wall and then other walls can be linked to the opening so it also cuts those as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!