Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Regeneration time

Tom Krowka
Booster
I am working with two windows open, section and plan. When I make a change in the plan, and back to the section, it takes about one minute, 45 seconds to regenerate. Is this typical? I am using the Open GL engine setting. Is there any other setting that might have an impact on regen time?
This machine has a 64 mg video card. Does that have anything to do the time issue?
It is a section through a two story house. Not too complicated.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
The unlinked section is still generated from the model (unless you don't want it to). Just go to Display > Section/Elevations > Regenerate... (there are several options here which will vary depending on what window is active). The only way that the sections become unlinked is that you can no longer use them to edit the model, they can still be as pure, clean, full BIM drawings as you like (there can also be some advantage that they don't have to, but that is another discussion).

If you want to edit the model in section view, just create the section you need. You can drag a copy of an unlinked section to create a new identical model view. Or you can just draw a new section limited to the part of the model you want to work on, which also speeds things up quite a bit.
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Once unlinked, can you link back to the model in any way?
Cut the unlinked section line from the plan and paste it back. However, you will lose the 2D elements you drafted on top of the model S/E, so first save that somewhere safe (e.g. to an empty storey or another empty S/E window).
Tom wrote:
If not, what is the quickest way to handle a change within the model that you would have to make in the unlinked section?
Display/Sections Elevations/Rebuild selected from model
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks for the great info. I love smoothing out the learning curve.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Thanks for the great info. I love smoothing out the learning curve.
That is what this forum is for ... I learned the cut&paste from Laszlo Vertesi in 1995 ... and so it goes.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen