Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Remodels: New Siding

Anonymous
Not applicable
It working with a remodel that is getting a few window changes on some faces and a complete new siding surface on all faces, is it nessesary to place all existing walls (with old siding) on a Demo Layer and copy walls to new layer and change siding. This is the only way I can see to contain true exterior views of both the existing siding and the new siding.
3 REPLIES 3
TDabney
Enthusiast
Jay wrote:
It working with a remodel that is getting a few window changes on some faces and a complete new siding surface on all faces, is it nessesary to place all existing walls (with old siding) on a Demo Layer and copy walls to new layer and change siding. This is the only way I can see to contain true exterior views of both the existing siding and the new siding.
On bigger remodels, I usually model the existing structure first, then make a copy of the file to do the remodel drawings in. That way the existing structure has its own file (once it's modeled it's not going to change) so you can show the existing vs. new.
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I usually do the as-built model first and retain an unaltered copy. This would give you the before and after views without messing up your layering and relieve you of the need for pesky duplicate walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shucks T (is it Tom?). You beat me to it. Shows what happens when I get distracted by actual work.