Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Renovation filters

Mac_the_arc
Booster

I have an existing granite walled building, which I have modelled. I want to keep a set of the existing, but also produce a set of drawings showing the existing plus wall lining internally. It makes sense to have one wall to do this, however I cannot see how you can create a wall with part existing elements, and part new elements. 

One option would be to copy the walls between renovation filters, but I cannot see how to do that easily. Any suggestions?

The other option would be to build two models, one with all the existing elements, the other with identical elements, but everything on the 'new' renovation filter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately you can not add new skins to an existing wall.

So as you have described you will need existing granite walls and new granite/plaster walls.

To duplicate simply select and copy the granite walls, then paste, undo the paste, then re-do (the walls will now appear again and be selected), and change them for the new granite/plaster wall type.

Or you can add just a new separate plaster wall, but you will have to cut new openings for all of the existing doors and windows.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately you can not add new skins to an existing wall.

So as you have described you will need existing granite walls and new granite/plaster walls.

To duplicate simply select and copy the granite walls, then paste, undo the paste, then re-do (the walls will now appear again and be selected), and change them for the new granite/plaster wall type.

Or you can add just a new separate plaster wall, but you will have to cut new openings for all of the existing doors and windows.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mac_the_arc
Booster

Thanks, ive gone for the latter just now as ive clients visiting soon. I am experimenting with copy and paste between the renovation filters with a degree of success.