Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Repeat last command

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is there a command for this.....repeat the last operation you did. For ex., you draw a line, then hit escape which terminates the operation. Now you want to draw another line. Anything which will automatically put you where you were before you hit escape? It would work for any command.

There is a "repeat last command" but it I believe it works only once an item is selected. If I have it right, it will repeat the last command only if an operation has been performed on the selected item. I'd like to start the command without selecting something.

It's an old Autocad command....and I miss it.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Is there a command for this.....repeat the last operation you did. For ex., you draw a line, then hit escape which terminates the operation. Now you want to draw another line. Anything which will automatically put you where you were before you hit escape? It would work for any command.
I would usually use the eyedrop tool which is even better for me. Not only do I get to repeat my last command, but I can also repeat any command that was already implemented into the project (ie: walls, lines, objects... etc).

Hope this helps.
Tom Krowka
Booster
I'll try it out. Did not know it could be used in that manner. I thought it was a "match properties" sort of too.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
There is the Toggle shortcut. It is "W" by default in the standard environment, but can be customized. It is used to toggle between the arrow tool and the last tool used. So in the case of the line tool, as in your example, you can draw a line, hit escape and then hit W to re-activate the line tool. I have attached a screenshot of the shortcut listing in the screenshot below.

Best regards!
Screen shot 2012-02-13 at 6.58.57 PM.png
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
The default shortcut is Ctrl+B. The command is called "Repeat ..." and usually the name of the last command used. Does not work for "Delete", though.

If you want to repeat the last command you have to select the element first.

This is the Archicad's way - first you choose the element you want to manipulate, then you choose the command to manipulate it!
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks guys. Will try them all.....looks like the "W" toggle is the one I was looking for.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Looper
Contributor

I am missing this in an other respect:

Let´s say you are in a conceptional design phase an just want to draw a bulk of e.g. walls or lines anywhere without thinking about where they should begin or end later on.

When it comes to adjust or intersect the objects (as one example) when you are happy with your concept you need to select those objects you want to adjust, activate the adjust command and select the one you want to adjust to....

Now you have to repeat this with hundreds of lines or walls or whatever....

Even "repeat command" will take too much time.

My proposal:

Activate "adjust" (shortcut or icon) first, command should remain active until "esc" command.

1-Select one or more objects by holding down "shift"

2-Release shift

3-Select target

4-Repeat step 1-3 until you are satisfied 🙂

hit escape!

A huge time saver ... or anything comparible will improve working speed and architects happiness!