Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Request: is there a corinthion column in archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone we know most of architectural classic buildings can include Corinthian column it is weird to find there is no Corinthian column only Doric and ionic and Tuscan where is Corinthian just wondering also i can not find it in depository can any one find it for me ? archibase.net use heavy format 3ds. i need one 100% made inside archicad so i can avoid problems
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall there is a serviceable corinthian option in the Smart Parts library which is available from Objects Online.

If you are looking for really proper orders you may be disappointed though. I have yet to see anything (for any BIM software) that would satisfy the likes of Robert Orr's or Robert Adam's office for example.

The problem with the corinthian orders (aside from the Temple of the Winds style) is that the geometry of the capital is very complex and exceedingly difficult to program geometrically.

You could also find a capital you like at Archibase, Formfonts, or such and use that with the ArchiCAD part (which allows you to turn the capital off).

Another approach would be to model your own capital with the built-in tools (shells, profiles, SEO, etc) to get something that is close enough to what you want without being too heavy in 3D. You can then save this as a library part which will automatically be adjustable in width and height. Since the orders scale more or less proportionately this can serve to model a variety of sizes. The size parameters can also be locked so that they will change proportionately together.

It is best to model the default capital to a module that allows easy whole number divisions. Palladio uses the column base diameter as the module subdivided into 60 parts. If you use 60 cm for this then it is easy to plug in Palladio's proportions for all the details. Another source ("A Study of the Orders" which is popular over here in the states) uses the entablature height as its module divided into 100 parts. For this one meter is good as the default module.

Obviously if you do get into this you should pick a source you like and stick with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this old part from the 8.1 library. It has the option for a corinthian capitol. Still works in AC 15.

Take care of the polycount, 89 000 polygons. I guess that's why GS discontinued this type.
As Matthew said, I think it is difficult to reduce this number.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My bad. After a quick look at the script, the culprit is "compositefl 80.gsm", a binary macro from a 3ds file.
Curiously, this macro is still present in 15 INT library, despite it is not used by any object, IMHO. Search for the error.

Replacing this macro by few lines of GDL code, polycount can be reduced at 15 000 aprox.
The best I can do. I think it can do the trick.