cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Restore (IE) Interior Elevation view in IE group

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm working in ArchiCAD 16, build number 4010.

I've somehow deleted an interior elevation view (view B missing in screen capture) from my 4 view interior elevation group marker and I cannot undo this action or retrieve my view. After doing some research (online and in the reference guide) on how to add back a view I have come away with no evidence that you can actually do this even though the reference guide says that you can. It says that you can restore a view if it's been deleted by clicking on the "restore all interior elevations in group" button from the context menu. But it doesn't seem possible in AC16. Am I missing something?

Can you seriously not add a 4th elevation view to an existing IE marker that currently only has 3 elevation views? Is it possible that it's the type of IE that I'm currently using? If I seriously have to create a brand new IE marker and redo all my view settings and 2D line work just to get my view back, the I'm going to have to switch to REVIT because this is messed up. Please help me and get my motivation to continue using ArchiCAD back. Thanks in advance.

Screen shot 2014-02-27 at 3.24.21 PM.png
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Make sure you select the extents of the elevation lines so the entire group is selected.
Don't just select one of the other elevations.
Then right mouse click and you will see the option to restore.
Works for me in 17 - should be the same in 16.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
You can also add nodes to the elevation extents - just like you can with a polygon.
This will create new elevations as well.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Thanks so much for your reply, especially for the one about adding nodes to the elevation extents because this is the only way I was able to add/create a new elevation to my existing marker. The first method of selecting the entire group and right clicking to find the restore elevation button still did not work for me. The screen capture shows that this is not an option when I right click while having the entire extents of the marker activated. Do you think this method only applies when you have accidentally deleted the one elevation and then perform this method immediately after, or should it still work regardless of how much more work you've done and saves you made to your model?

Thanks,

-Adam
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The "Restore all Interior Elevations in Group" command appears in the context menu only if at least one IE of the group has been deleted in the Project Map. The Marker on your screenshot shows you have all four. In that case there is nothing to restore.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
As Laszlo said you must have a deleted elevation before you will see the option to restore - but it shouldn't matter how much work you have done since the elevation was deleted.

Make sure you either select the elevation group by clicking on the extent line or just right click on the extent line and you will see the option (if an elevation has been deleted already).

Selecting each of the elevations individually will not give you this option either.

You will know you have the extents selected as the black handles will be on the extents as in your screen shot.

Left clicking on the extents will bring up the pet palette which will give you the option to delete an elevation if it is showing or restore it if it is not.
You can still select the extent of an elevation after it has been deleted - the section line will be gone but the extent will still be selectable.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27