BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Organic Buildings In Archicad 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

3rd year architectural student here....been working with Archicad 10 for about a year now, on and off, not my main drawing program but the program I use for 3D rendering for Uni so Ive had no formal training in Archicad - pretty much self-taught.

Anyway, for my latest design project I designed an organic building at a Harbour, where the roof is pretty much self supporting and form the overhead and side enclosure to allow freeform design of internal spaces - something similar to the curved red building on the Archicad 10 loading screen.

I dont, however, have the slightest idea of how to do that in Archicad, as this is the first time Ive tried my hand at Organic Architecture. Do you guys know of any tutorials out there explaining how this is done or can you please give me some tips? Would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!
Rouan
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
We serve the money.
I agree 100%. That's why we have to do a lot of crap 'architecture'.

However, at the rate I've been working the last two years, I'm gonna' BE the money, soon! Heck... I'm rootin' for a depression so I can get a vacation! (just kidding, guys).

Hey... did we ever actually help the original poster??? I see how I could do those forms in AC, but agree.. it'd be one of the more extreme challenges. I'd probably go at it with Slabs or Meshes and GDL primitives used in conjunction with SEO's. It could be done. You'd have a few lines to hide on the sections and elevations, and maybe a few little patch fills on the plans. It'd be workable.

This was a fun thread... you were all having a beer, too, right?

Holiday is over... back to the box factory! Thanks, guys... (and I include the gals in that salutation).
Learn and get certified!