cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Problems in hotfix 1200???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having problems with build 1200?

Since I installed it I have been having repeated kernel panics on my Mac (I haven't updated my Windows install yet). At first I though it might be a problem with my new Mac, but a colleague of mine is also having serious performance problems with 1200 on both his XP32 & XP64 machines.

I have reinstalled build 1114, and so far no panics. He is now reinstalling 1114 on his PCs.
12 REPLIES 12
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Kernel panics are mostly caused by hardware components or their drivers. An application should not be able to bring down the whole system. If kernel panics are frequent while using ArchiCAD, you might suspect the WIBU key.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Karl Ottenstein
gkmethy wrote:
Kernel panics are mostly caused by hardware components or their drivers. An application should not be able to bring down the whole system. If kernel panics are frequent while using ArchiCAD, you might suspect the WIBU key.
Greg did say 'mostly', so I'll add a few more since my Mac Pro was having lots of panics in March. Open Console and view the panic logs. Usually they will give you a hint as to the culprit, but not always.

In my case, some of the panics indicated that they were from Parallels and later some from Fusion. Both install startup services that hook into the OS. Yet, after two firmware updates (EFI) from Apple - one to the Mac Pro and one to the ATI card, along with 10.5.2, and an archive-and-install of OS X, my system has been rock solid.

I'm surprised that you were only notified of the firmware update on April 15, Matthew, since it came out weeks before. Seems odd.

Any hints in your Console logs?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
gkmethy wrote:
I'm surprised that you were only notified of the firmware update on April 15, Matthew, since it came out weeks before. Seems odd.

Any hints in your Console logs?

Karl
No panics since I installed the firmware update. I'm not sure about the notification date. It's a new machine and I'm not sure when I set Software Update to do its checks. Anyway it seems that all is well now.