Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof (Floor) Plane Cut Plan shows partially, Why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Could any one help me to understand why my Roof is being shown only partially?
Thanks,
Joseph

Roof Plan Cut Plane.jpg
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please associate your roof plan with view in the ArchiCAD view map. In window map view settings' window, please change value of the "cut plane height to current story" for the value which is higher than your's roof ridge, next save changed settings. From this moment always when you sign this view, your roof view should be display properly.
When you back to project view your roof view will be displayed as on your first image.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pawel wrote:
Please associate your roof plan with view in the ArchiCAD view map. In window map view settings' window, please change value of the "cut plane height to current story" for the value which is higher than your's roof ridge, next save changed settings. From this moment always when you sign this view, your roof view should be display properly.
When you back to project view your roof view will be displayed as on your first image.
This understand and it took care of the issue I was facing, yet do not under stand why a band of Cut Fill I could expect the Cut Fill from "cut plane height to current story" and up but not limited. Just want to have an understanding of how AC works.
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that cut from current story is this same for all view in the Project map window. In my opinion Project Map is 1st stage for project view definition. In 2nd step in View Map you can define all needed or individual parameters for views defined in 1st step - like scale, pens etc. separately. 3rd step is defining the view of drawing in polish defining as Teczka Arkuszy (I don't know how to translate in to English) and 4th step is publishing.
So if you define horizontal cutting area (cut plane height to current story) on 4' (in metric about 1m) in 1st step for all stories, yours roof is displayed as on your picture because is higher than value 4'. So, if you need properly display roof view (all roof without cut) you should define individual value in the Map view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pawel wrote:
....So if you define horizontal cutting area (cut plane height to current story) on 4' (in metric about 1m) in 1st step for all stories, yours roof is displayed as on your picture because is higher than value 4'......
I think I got it, if that is the case. It is not logical since this band width can not be controlled.
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
My English in not quite properly - as you see - so maybe I don't understand all yours thoughts. For me all display parameter you can control by ViewMap settings. As I wrote previously in Project Map you can define only main views and main parameters like scale of views. Question to GS is that Floor Plan Cut Settings - is one from main parameters. Maybe in next version GS introduce in this windows parameter for linking separately values for each stories like in stories setting window.
Thomas Holm
Booster
FCP settings can be set for the project, (Document menu) but are saved with views and can be changed individually in the view settings.

When you change the current window (what youre seeing on screen) by clickng on a saved view in the View Map pane of the Navigator (this is recommended), you get that view's saved settings, Options, Layer combinations etc including Floor Plan Cut Plane (FCP).

But then when you change the current window (what you're seeing on screen) by clicking on a project part in the Project Map pane of the Navigator, or by navigating to another Story or opening a Section by menu command etc., the current window will inherit all applicable view seetings from the last current window (viewed view). These settings will be in effect until you change them or until you open another Saved View from the View Map. This can be confusing.

This is one good reason to save views and use the view map for navigating in the project.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1