Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Surfacer 18 - Accessories add-ons

rob2218
Enthusiast
Nobody from GS ever got back to me on the PLN file I uploaded with regards to why that "roof surfacer 18" isn't working.

I can't seem to make it work properly.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then I think you should get back to GS US and ask them what's going on.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
It might be a bug in the Accessories 18 installer. Instead of placing the Accessories add-on in the Archicad/18 Goodies folder and the Accessories Library in the Library folder as required, my SWE installer placed it all in a new folder of it's own. Took a while to figure that out. But I don't know if the US installer has the same issue.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
rob2218
Enthusiast
Well, needless to say GS North America has yet to inform me of what it is.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
lasse
Booster
Has anyone ever been able to explain the intermittent functioning of this tool? There are some projects where it works as expected, other projects where the outline of the surfacer object appears, yet the 3D object is null and void. The 2D outline and associated hatching remains. Mainly an issue in v19 at this point for me......
(unnerved by updates since v.4.55)
rob2218
Enthusiast
same here....it's intermitent in it's operational function.
sometimes it works well, other times, not so well. it doesn't even attach itselt to the roof object correctly.

very frustrating.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
lasse
Booster
continuing this dialogue....I can create a new empty project file and copy/paste the entire contents of the file where the accessories are NOT working and ....BOOM (voila)..it works as expected in this new file. Too bad I have to create identical stories and levels etc for the copy paste to work properly.

Also, I can take the buggy 2D-visible (3D not visible) object from the non functioning file and copy/paste it into another project file and it shows up there. Copy/pasting from this new temp file back into the buggy file does nothing to resolve it.
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes, indeed, it has "buggy" results.
perhaps that's why it was never added as standard tool in the shrink wrap?

Still, it's a great tool, just wish it was fixed or at least some guru from GS could tell us how to fix it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
lasse
Booster
still trying to find workarounds. Copy pasting the entire contents into a new (PERSONAL) template resolves the roof surfacer issue...however, the doors and windows used in the project (standard archicad v19 parts) DO NOT show up in sections and elevations, just openings appear. It's all there in the 3D windows, but the 2D stuff is now missing.....

Copy pasting the entire contents into a new (NEW & RESET ALL) template resolves everything. Everything except all my preferred file settings, attributes, etc. Ugh!

Lastly, If I take in roof surfacer object in the (now functioning personal file) and convert it to morphs...and copy paste just the morph object back to the original, the Morph DOES NOT work in the original trouble file but does work in the "reset" template file and new and rest template file. Same for creating custom static 3D library part. So....there is a part or attribute or something in the surfacer that infects it's usability across files or something in my personal file settings that has this effect.

Suggestions?