Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof framing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an easy way of creating underpurlins, struts and collarties? I know how to create them individually but it's a long process.. the roof wizard doesn't do these so I was wondering if there are any other add-ons or any of the sort that can create these for me?

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
kiwistudent wrote:
Is there an easy way of creating underpurlins, struts and collarties? I know how to create them individually but it's a long process.. the roof wizard doesn't do these so I was wondering if there are any other add-ons or any of the sort that can create these for me?
Try using OBJECTiVE. It doesn't automate roof framing, but enables you to place, cut, and rotate framing directly in a section window. It's a surprisingly quick process, and free for educational use.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
kiwistudent wrote:

Cheers
The Roof wizard does do those things. You can Rafters, Collars and Ties, Ridge Beams, Plate Beams, and Hip Rafters using the Roof Wizard.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25