Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof linetypes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

We have an ArchiCAD 11 drawing template set-up with 5 stories (for a 2 storey home) so they are set up as:

* Sub level (-02c - 0c)
* ground floor (0c - 30c)
* sub level / roof (30c - 32c)
* upper floor (32c - 60c)
* roof (60c and above)

This has several advantages and works really for us and the types of homes we design and build.

One issue I'm having though is that when I drawn the roof on the sub level / roof story I want to be able to see that roof from the upper floor story and the ground floor storey so I change the floor plan display so it can be seen on both stories.

The problem I'm having is that I want the roof to show as a dash-dotted linetype on the ground floor story and solid line on the upper floor. I can't seem to get that to work, it shows up as a small dashed line instead.

The roof shows up as the correct linetype on the sub level / roof and as solid on the upper floor however.

I've attached a picture of my current settings to help diagnose this problem

Your help is appreciated.

roof settings.JPG
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
moloneyds:

I think the dialog box you are looking for to control the line types for multi story display is found at Project Preferences > Construction Elements.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Outstanding ... thankyou for you help David