cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotation about X, Y, and Z axes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! My first post is sadly a result of frustration. I've been searching tutorials and googling for what I feel should be a fairly simple thing.

Attached is a shot of a truss sytem I want to fit into the shell by rotating it by approximately 20 degrees. I just don't know how to rotate an object such as a truss in a vertical direction.

If that doesn't make sense, when I use the rotate command, it allows me to rotate in a circle on a flat plane.

Is there a way that anyone knows how to rotate about different axes?

Please share!

6.0.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
http://www.gscne.com/new/support/FAQs/ac/026/default.htm

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh thank you, ill try that
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Magoose wrote:
Attached is a shot of a truss sytem I want to fit into the shell by rotating it by approximately 20 degrees. I just don't know how to rotate an object such as a truss in a vertical direction.Is there a way that anyone knows how to rotate about different axes?
Try OBJECTiVE. It will allow you to rotate any number of objects around a common pivot line, and also provides rotation in elevation/section windows. Referring to the attached image:
  • 1) A selection of trusses to rotate, all constructed of individual parts for scheduling, i.e. the truss is not an object.

2) In plan, select the objects to rotate and click the menu OBJECTiVE > Tools > Rotate. Click twice to define the rotation axis, and then click (or enter) the rotation angle. In this case, I'm rotating back by 20 degrees.

3) The finished result in 3D
Note how this method will allow you to rotate an entire collection of different objects simultaneously about a common axis.
RotateTruss.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems