cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SLOPING WALLS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I can cut a wall with a roof, but I am wondering if I can draw a complex shape in an elevation, extrude it and use that with a the seo function to cut a complex shape to the top of a wall?
12 REPLIES 12
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you apply your custom profile to a beam, the beam will cut the shape into the wall without having to do a separate SEO operation. You would keep the beam on the SEO layer so you don't see it.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another way is to use the stair as the operator and the wall as the target, subtract with upwards extrusion. Works in 12 with AC stairs.
Move the stair and the wall changes follow.

EDIT: I missed that he wants the wall to be the rail.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just this minute finished doing that. It looks great, works fine and I am happy with the results. I have stored the profile as a beam calling it cutting shape and was happy to see it take the correct bite out of my wall as soon as I made it. The cut and paste into the profile manger is realy the only extra step and having it self adjusting pobably outweighs the fiddling around. I am slowly getting used to this new way of doing things. Soon my hair may even grow back. 🙂