cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

window reveal and arch problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

i have 2 problems, first is that if i set reveal (insulation on frame of the window) it shows it in section but not in floor plan?

and second is that if i set arch on window it somehow cuts trough wall? image below:

thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
That does not look like the arch showing in section, it looks like a reveal (see your sill condition) and maybe a very odd composite wall that seems to have insulation as the interior face above the window. Tell me how did get the interior skin to stop and not cover the upper portion of wall? Complex Profile?

Very strange that the window (or weather closure rollup) can slice the brick face like that, may not be easy to build well. I'm guessing the rollup extends all the way to the interior face? So we aren't seeing exactly what the wall is doing. Remake this without the rollup, it will help diagnose the issue. (I've seen "rollups"in Europe alot, but I don't know their proper name.) Is that an AC window, an add-on, your GDL, or a purchased library part?

Insulation in plan has been answered for pre-AC14 elsewhere in these forums, in 14 you can do it automatically in wall composites.

Please include a signature in your profile that tells us what AC version and OS you are using.

Snap