Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scaling Drawings for Plot Maker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I am having some problems with the plotmaker. I have ArchiCAD8, and Plotmaker 3.1

If I want to print a drawing on a 8.5 x 11, or 11 x 17, the drawing comes up larger than the paper. When I click on the outer boundaries and manually scale it down it is like a window is created around a small part of the drawing instead of putting the whole drawing in that smaller area. Is there a specific command to make it scaled to fit the page (in this case a pre-drawn title block on the 2 above mentioned sized papers) or am I missing something. If someone could give me tips on this subject, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
April McBain
Golba and Associates Architecture
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can have the drawing automatically scale to fit the layout (page). Are you on Mac or Windows?

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Leave you sheet set up as it is (like if you will finally plot to a Architectural D size). On a windows machine, first do a Page Setup... ;choose File/Print notice the Print Options... button; click on it. In the Print Options dialogue click Shrink Each Layout to Page.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
probably should have also mentioned that in PlotMaker 3.1 you could also select the drawing; then go to Edit/Drawing Settings... ; then click on the Fit to Layout button

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, when you open the drawing settings, you may find as I did the Fit to Layout button is greyed out and you can't access it. The next settings down is Attributes Update Rules. In this menu, un-check "Scale" and you will find you can now access the Fit To Layout button and it will then scale to your layout.

Hope this helps!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm able to rescale the drawing, but my text won't rescale correctly wether I choose FIX SIZE or RESIZE TO OUTPUT SCALE. the text is still huge.
Djordje
Ace
siteline wrote:
I'm able to rescale the drawing, but my text won't rescale correctly wether I choose FIX SIZE or RESIZE TO OUTPUT SCALE. the text is still huge.
Is your text in ArchiCAD defined as Scale sensitive or fixed size?

BTW - Location in the Profile should be your geographical location, so that if you are in real trouble, people geographically near you might come in to help personally or by the phone.

Also, PLEASE include OS and ArchiCAD version in your signature! Helps a lot!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure where to find that setting. I've looked in the dialog box for preferences and for the text tool...
Djordje
Ace
siteline wrote:
I'm not sure where to find that setting. I've looked in the dialog box for preferences and for the text tool...
Definitely not in 8 ...

Why not 8.1 at least? It was free, don't know if you can still get it.

This is a new text option in 9.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yet another reason to upgrade...

Thanks for the help.