Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Seperate objects vs Favorites

ananas
Advocate

Hello everyone!

I have multiple Window objects and would prefer to have one Window and multiple Favorites for this same type of Window.

Is it possible to somehow copy paste settings with pippete in a way I don´t change a window type, but only its´´s settings?
1 Window1 Window

Multiple WindowsMultiple Windows

When i try to pipette settings from window it also takes the whole object. I would rather keep one (original Archicad 26 type Window) and then just copy-paste settings from different windows, but not the whole object.

Hope this was understandable.

Operating system used: Windows 11 Pro 23H2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi, Sorry I did think it may be hard to follow. I will try and break it down.

1. Open the Window tool Parameters.
  2. Navigate to your predefined Favourite which contains the settings you want to 'inject' to a different window type. Double-click the Favourite to apply it's settings.
  3. Use the Window Library Part Browser to navigate to the different window style you want (DO NOT SELECT IT).
  4. Hold the ctrl+alt keys on the keyboard, the cursor will change to a syringe.
  5. Click on the preview picture of the window style you want to transfer the settings in to of the Favourite.
  6. The Window Library Part parameters window will update to show the new chosen window style but with all of the settings applied that are able to be transferred from your Favourite.
Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can certainly do this. If you double click the Favourite that has the settings you want to apply to activate that window within the Library Parameters window then hover over the different window type in the browser that you want the settings applied to, don't select it or click it. Hold the ctrl+alt keys down together and the injector icon will appear. Click on the window and the settings that can be will be injected to the alternative window type.

I hope that makes sense.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

Hi Lee, thank you for your answer. I am sure this makes sense, but i somehow don´t really understand what you meant. sorry  I can´t follow.
Would it be possible you rewrite the answer and maybe brek it into more sentences?

I really appriciate!

Solution

Hi, Sorry I did think it may be hard to follow. I will try and break it down.

1. Open the Window tool Parameters.
  2. Navigate to your predefined Favourite which contains the settings you want to 'inject' to a different window type. Double-click the Favourite to apply it's settings.
  3. Use the Window Library Part Browser to navigate to the different window style you want (DO NOT SELECT IT).
  4. Hold the ctrl+alt keys on the keyboard, the cursor will change to a syringe.
  5. Click on the preview picture of the window style you want to transfer the settings in to of the Favourite.
  6. The Window Library Part parameters window will update to show the new chosen window style but with all of the settings applied that are able to be transferred from your Favourite.
Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

Thank you!

Setup info provided by author