Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shadows Analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone work on shadow analysis with AC? I haven't use AC to do that but I have seen it in VW and kinda complicating which needed to be tweaked with Photoshop to see the existing and new shadows overlapping. I would like to hear what others have done with AC.
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
ArchiCAD won't differentiate between existing and proposed shadows.

However, in Photoshop, taking both new and existing shadow study views from exactly the same angle with the proposed version an overlaid layer at 30 % opacity works well.

Photoshop's "Difference" layer blending option can also identify the additional shadow component.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
lsid wrote:
Has anyone work on shadow analysis with AC? I haven't use AC to do that but I have seen it in VW and kinda complicating which needed to be tweaked with Photoshop to see the existing and new shadows overlapping. I would like to hear what others have done with AC.
You can use 3D window shading, assigning different colors to the shadows, and differentiate OLD and NEW.

One way is to copy and paste into the plan window, then you can play with the shadow polygon colors as you like.

Or superimpose in PhotoShop. as Dwight said - if you render an image.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks djorde and dwight.............opacity at 50% works just fine actually.