cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shortcuts list will not display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there. I've just migrated from a PC to a MAC and need to learn all the shortcuts. When I go to Keyboard Shortcuts in Work Environment and click on the 'Show shortcuts list in browser button' however, nothing happens. My browser is Safari 5.1.1. Does anyone know why this might be so please?
Thank you. Jaq
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
See:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=34829

You need to make sure that Safari is your DEFAULT browser, not just installed. Launch Safari, open Preferences > General and verify that it is shown as the default browser...

Your signature says you are running 10.7.2, but if that is the case, the current version of Safari is 5.1.2 Be sure that you run Software Update

Your sig also says you are running AC 9 START edition ... but this will not run on 10.7.2 because it is a PPC program ... so what version are we talking about?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for such a quick reply! 🙂 And my apologies for the error (correction duly made). I've done the installation so am now on Safari 5.1.2 (set to default). Unfortunately it's still not working 😕
Karl Ottenstein
Are you running Parallels or Fusion or some other virtualization software to run Windows (or Linux)? Parallels, for example, can be set to over-ride the default browser (and mail) settings - redirecting such things to a virtual machine's browser ... and the shortcut business wouldn't work in that case.

Can't think of anything else - it should just work. Hopefully someone else has an idea.

Cheers,
Karl

PS I just tested with AC 12 and it works fine for me in Lion. Maybe there is something amiss with START edition...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the tip - will check this out tomorrow when I'm back at work 🙂