Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show openning window on 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I'm new user in ArchiCAD. I user AutoCAD before.
Who can teach me draw opening window show on 2D same opening of door.
Best Regard.
wichai
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Welcome! As far as I know (AFAIK), and in the US library, the casement windows do not have an option to show their swing in 2D in a way similar to doors. I think that was your question?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, if it not have in US Library how I can crate window object with show swing in 2D. This is difficult than AutoCAD. And what abot (AFAIK),
Thank you
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Is this what you are after?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
sorry I misunderstood your request. The object I've posted is to show an opening symbol in elevation not in plan view.

It wouldn't be that hard to add a 2d swing symbol to an existing window object. Here's a wee tutorial sort of thing

Open the window object select it in the 2d plan window and select Open Library Object command from the file menu

Create a new parameter called shwswing

Open the 2d script window

Look at the top of the script window. If the first line says anything like IF so and so THEN END then you want to paste the following on a new line under that line...

IF shwswing=1 THEN GOSUB 2000

Scroll to the very bottom of the script window and paste in the following....

2000:

LINE2 -a/2,0,-a/2,a
arc2 -a/2,0,a,0,90
RETURN

If you get an error saying there is already a GOSUB called 2000 then just modify the scripts above to use a higher/different number.

Best of luck
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I am thank you very much for answer. It nearly I want to show but a little not clear in the drawing. I have sent picture for explains I want to show. Because windows in Thailand, it open swing almost. If I draw proposal for customer show 2D & 3D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To show the window sash (operable part) in the open position, just put:

IF shwswing THEN
ARC2 -a/2,0,a,0,90
ROT2 90
ENDIF

before the part of the script that draws the sash, which is then followed by:

IF shwswing THEN DEL 1

You may need to tweak this depending on the details of the particular script, but the 2D Full View will show you if you are getting what you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I try to do that advise. That have line swing opening, but I want to rotate leaf of windows. How can I modify GDL in W1 or ? object in library.I can find to do now.
Thank you.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
If you could let me know the name of which window you want to modify I could modify it to behave the way you want.

I suspect the modification you want is a bit to complex to describe here. Much simplier just to do it and give you the modified object. You can then go through the 2d script and see what changes I made and then use that to alter other windows.
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL