cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sketchup import not showing up in Archicad 26

onestoreyllc
Booster

I've imported a Sketchup file to Archicad but nothing shows up in the 3d window.  In the 2d window I can grab the import as an object but there is no visual for the object, just empty.  All of my renovation filters are set to 'show', all layers are visible, no overrides.   

I've also tried converting the SKP file to 3ds and DXF.  The 3ds file does the same as the SKP and the DXF file takes a few hours to import and then is impossible to rotate, section or any other option for viewing.

Can someone help?

onestoreyllc_0-1692120518881.png

onestoreyllc_1-1692120611335.png

Meredith
AC26 USA - Lenovo P17 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.4GHz - 32.0GB - Windows 11 Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Is it possible that the imported model is located very far from the (0,0,0) origin?  That can cause all kinds of issues if so...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

From everything I see, it's located adjacent to the origin.

Meredith
AC26 USA - Lenovo P17 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.4GHz - 32.0GB - Windows 11 Pro
Patrick M
Advisor

skp comes in as an object. make sure your filter/cut elements in 3d is not hiding the object tool. otherwise, the only ways to show/hide are layer or renovation filter (aside from bMat issues which do not apply to objects).

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2