BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slabs not quantifiable in zones?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Is there a reason? Objects, columns, beams etc are quantifiable in zone but slabs are not. Why? Maybe I missed something!?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Is there a reason? Objects, columns, beams etc are quantifiable in zone but slabs are not. Why? Maybe I missed something!?
This is an interesting question. I think the reason is that Slabs meant to be elements that are going thru multiple Zones. So it will be hard to form a point of view of the room if this slab doesn't belong to any other room.

Form library you can access relation between a room and following entities and most probably those you can see in schedules:
Column
Object
Lamp
Window
Door
Niche
BeamPart
CurtainWall and all its related elements
Roof
Shell
Morph
Stairs and all its related elements
Rails and all its related elements

As you can see there are no Slabs but what you can do is use Morph or Roofs instead and map them as Slabs. This would be the easiest workaround.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I'll morphify the whole shabaam. Colleagues have modelled lots and lots of interior objects with slabs because it's very easy. Still absolutely no reason to leave slabs out of this. ArchiCAD shouldn't decide...
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
I'll morphify the whole shabaam.
Probably it is some old legacy decision made years ago Anyway it's still better to count by hand...
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
kzaremba wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
I'll morphify the whole shabaam.
Probably it is some old legacy decision made years ago Anyway it's still better to count by hand...
By hand....seriously? If you design cottages maybe 😉
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Magic wanded roofs for this. You keep the composite (if it was used). And roofs have better options for floorplan display anyway.

Complex morphs are annoying to manipulate.

You could also save them as objects.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
Magic wanded roofs for this. You keep the composite (if it was used). And roofs have better options for floorplan display anyway.

Complex morphs are annoying to manipulate.

You could also save them as objects.
It was mainly simple table counters so I morphed them. Thery are not supposed to be editable anyway. I never thought of this before that zones doesn't count slabs...weird!?
AC 25 SWE Full

Learn and get certified!