Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Special Menu?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just browsing Archiguide and read an article that mentioned using the section tool in 3d. I t also mentioned a "special menu" that was accessed by holding down the cntrl and alt keys while starting AC ! Can anyone explain this?
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well we could tell you, but first you have to become a member of our 'special club'.

Just kidding - I believe it is a menu that the programmers use to test features. Some existing options in AC have come from this menu. Align 3D texture is one of them, for example.

Play around with it - some of the 3D features are pretty cool.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Virtuoso
Link wrote:
Well we could tell you, but first you have to become a member of our 'special club'.
Naaah ... we can always kill him 😉

Go to http://www.graphisoft.com/community/archicad-talk/viewtopic.php?p=2411#2411
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get to the special menu with the alt and cntrl keys. All I get is a windows menu with settings for the shortcut?
Dwight
Newcomer
Hold those keys while starting ArchiCAD not while it runs.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, if I'm to understand what you're saying (and from personal experience) you have to hold down those keys while ArchiCAD is starting up (i.e.: right after you doubleclick on the icon or so). Otherwise windows missunderstands what you're trying to do (alt-click? or ctrl-alt-click?).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot get to the special menu Help Please! What and exactly when do you press?
Karl Ottenstein
Flamer wrote:
I cannot get to the special menu Help Please! What and exactly when do you press?
Try:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2411#2411

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel very dense. I had it the whole time. I thought the menu would jump out at me like a window when it worked. Instead it silently went to the menu bar whare it belonged. Duh!