BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Specifying a custom color for a material with Texture

Chris Beebe
Newcomer
I'm trying to make a vertical siding material and customize the color, using a standard texture, in r15. In 3D, the texture shows up, but with its original color. Can anyone please send guidance, or a link to a video that shows the process? I've seen a few, but they're not very good and aren't getting the job done.
Thanks!
Chris
Thank You,
Chris Beebe
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
See if this one helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Iu4aZ42O0&feature=plcp
You might be able to skip commercial.
Chris Beebe
Newcomer
Hello lec -
I've watched this video several times before posting, and I don't get the step where she goes and finds the new texture she says she created. I see where she does the Search, then Load Other Picture, the from File Dialog Box, but have no clue where this new texture is stored. I've searched all the embedded and r15 libraries, and haven't been able to find a jpg or png that resembles the texture (with color) that I'm looking for or thought I created per the video.
It just doesn't seem like it should be this hard. Pick a texture. Pick a color. Adjust the other characteristics. Move on.
Thanks for your attention. If you have any other insights, I'm all ears.
Thank You,
Chris Beebe
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand your question, what she (&AC) are calling a texture is a Material that she made with the image she selected, which is for it's Open-GL 3d display, ie, find it in the Materials. You can use an image on your machine as she did, or from some other source, or take a picture of something that works for this texture/material (place it on your machine somewhere)(but it must reside in a loaded library) and apply it and then final modifications as you wish.
For internal engine display, it's the Vectorial hatching (just above it) which is really a fill with a Vector or (2d line work in a Symbol fill) associated with it.
You can't easily make a true Vectorial hatch fill from scratch,(as far as I know) but you can choose an existing one and modify it, or make your own symbol fill hatch which will effectively work the same.
This is done by drawing what you want in 2d plan and copy/paste it into the
fill your modifying/creating for that part of your texture/material for Internal
Engine display.
Hope I haven't muddied this up too much.
Learn and get certified!