Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Split polyroof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! How can I split a polyroof in AC16? I want to stretch the polyroof but Archicad doesn't let me split it. Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I only have AC 9. But even in AC 9, I drew a quick polygon roof, then, I selected the roof on the floor plan, and with it selected, chose SPLIT from the EDIT menu. The dialog box asks for a reference line to be drawn where the split will be. I drew the line and then the dialog asks to indicate slope. The split was executed. Good luck....I guess if it doesn't work, you can always just draw separate poly roofs instead of splitting the one...
Dwight
Newcomer
Polyroof describes a relatively new Archicad feature drawing logical plane groups together and is not found in version 9.

Some polyroof editing requires splitting into single-plane roofs.
ScreenSnapz051.png
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ack! I can't wait to upgrade, but it'll require an upgrade of my hardware first. Can you say ka-ching$$$$?
Dwight
Newcomer
I know what you mean.

There was a time when we were ALL waiting for the wonderment Archicad 9 and the next blazing hardware would provide.

But then that ended and we got excited waiting for something else.

Now it is merely a measure of disappointment. How bad will the next thing be? Still that lousy rendering and that ancient clunky interface, no doubt.
Dwight Atkinson