Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Disappearing in Section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a free-standing circular stair I created in ArchiStair that suddenly dissappeared in section. It was clearly still there in all other views of the model both 2D and 3D, the parameters seemed to be OK (I checked and double checked heights, what stories it was supposed to show in, and others), and yet it still just wasn't showing up in any of the section views it should have been in.

Just prior to its disappearing, I'd been fooling around in the layout area with the default layout settings, seeing what they showed and messing around with parameters. I'd also done some editing of all of the stairs in that section of the model as well as some others in other areas, and manually adding landings in that area, but it was just this one central 3rd story stair that disappeared.

I've got the staircase back in section view now, but I really don't know how I did it. All I know is I just kept fooling around with this and that, checking and rechecking parameters, redrawing, etc.

Does this problem ring a bell for anyone? Any idea how it came about, or how to more reliably "find" the object again? I seem to have things disappear from models like this from time to time, and it's very annoying.

Wendy
0 REPLIES 0