cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make this a stair with the stair tool. Currently this is done with slabs and it's good because the plan displays correctly (i.e. no 45° line in corner), but with slabs there's no auto numbering, travel line and doesn't look how a concrete stair should in section.

P.S. tried the custom stair (create stair from selection) and no real joy.

Cheers

rightangle stair.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
I doubt you would ever get a stair object/ stair maker to do that (unless one is purposely scripted for corners).
Do as you have done with slabs and annotate the old fashioned way - manually.
It is probably much quicker than playing around with an object anyway.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also draw the Profile of the Stair in the Profile Manager and place it with a Wall or Beam. But you would still have to add the annotation and linework to it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys. I had a feeling it wasn't possible with the stair tool. I'll have a go at the complex profile as it'll be easier to get the section to display properly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
...I have a similar stair to do and I wish there was a way to avoid doing it manually with slabs or complex profiles.
Oh well I'll survive
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very disappointed!
I thought: 'I'll make a stair, mirror it at 45 degrees and solid operate the corners I don't need'! Better than muck around with slabs or draw by hand a stair in 2D (like you use to do with AutoCAD 10) and extrude a complex profile.
Surprise surprise: I caNNot operate a stair! Only alternative then I thought was: I convert the stairs into morphs and operate them from there, however you lose all the 2D information of the stair and flexibility for future changes (unavoidable)

Gee!!
Barry Kelly
A complex profile as Laszlo suggested will be the easiest solution I think.
You can SEO a stair but the floor plan (2D) view will not be affected by the SEO so you will have to redraw the plan view anyway.

You could create a "stair from selection" to get the angled side you want and then mirror a copy but you will still have to hide the join with a white line in plan but not so easy to hide that join in 3D.
I just tried this quickly in 17 but could not turn the handrail off in 3D either.
But I never use this method so I may well be missing something.

Barry.
stair_from_selection.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Just as update on my last post.

You can turn off the balustrades if you press the "Edit stair" button in the settings.
There are no controls in the parameter list which is where I was looking.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
It should be possible to use a normal stairmaker-element, if You make it big enough to cut away one side with an SOE-substraction. Then You mirror the hole situation.(turn off the layer of the Cut-Element after the operation)
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia