Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

StairBuilder Vs. ArchiStair

Chazz
Enthusiast
Has anyone tried both StairBuilder by Theometric and ArchiStair by Cigraph? I'm wondering if anyone has strong preferences or loyalties. Which is the best Stair tool?

Any info appreciated.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
ArchiStair is free and I just ordered the box (why not just a download?!?!)
Through who? Is this through a US distibutor? Anyone know about Australia?
Djordje
Virtuoso
Ray wrote:
Chazz wrote:
ArchiStair is free and I just ordered the box (why not just a download?!?!)
Maybe you should contact Cigraph directly? Look into the Other products, contact Fabrizio by PM ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I began using archistair because it allowed me to use the stair to trim a wall with the SEO, but then abandoned it due to the fact that I could not change the fill color of the stair above and below the section cut, and the fill was always square below the cut (not matching the angle of the cut line), so now I keep the stair in the file as a hidden operator.

This was all in AC 8.1, so I don't know how it works out in 9 yet.
Chazz
Enthusiast
I got it through Objects Online (http://objectsonline.com/arc/) in the USA but when I visited the site yesterday I noticed they had changed the price (no change in version) to -gulp- US $175.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Something unfortunate with both tools is that they assume that the handrail height is equal to the stair rail (guardrail) height. I don't know about elsewhere, but the prevelant codes here in the US require handrails of commercial stairs to be between 34" and 38" above stair nosings, while the guardrail (stair rail) is required to be a minimum of 42" in height.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Ernest Atanasiu
Advisor
Just asking
Is there a product (or workaround) to make a stair with landing and flights with non parallel sides. I need to make this kind of stair and can't use the "create stair using selection" method.

thank you
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Djordje
Virtuoso
uisanata wrote:
Just asking
Is there a product (or workaround) to make a stair with landing and flights with non parallel sides. I need to make this kind of stair and can't use the "create stair using selection" method.

thank you
Your travel line should not be curved in the first flight. Try straight to the landing, straight, then curve.

It should work.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ernest Atanasiu
Advisor
I realized after posting the image that I should have drawn all the tread lines to explain what I want to make.
It'a a U-return winder stair. Maybe this will clarify.
I tried like you said and it's not working.
May i post the file somewhere, to play with it?

thank you
stair.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11