Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stopping the publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it only me ... the Stop and Pause buttons doesn't work.

(The fact that AC defaults to publish "this set" and not "selected items" make a wrong click on the publish button even worse.)

ArchiCAD 11 INT (1033->1040->1086) Win XP sp2
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 / ATI Radeon X1950 / Dual LCD screens HP 30" + Dell 24" LCD
and
ArchiCAD 10 INT (1188) Win XP sp2
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
.... nothing happens?

Stop and Pause buttons must be fixed.
Will Graphisoft ever fix this?

ArchiCAD 11 INT (1033->1040->1086->1112->1114) Win XP sp2
Intel Core2 Quad 6700 / ATI Radeon HD 3870 / Dual LCD screens HP 30" + Dell 24" LCD
and
ArchiCAD 7+8+9+10 INT on Win XP sp2
Thomas Holm
Booster
HAlm wrote:
Stop and Pause buttons must be fixed.
Now on this one I agree
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The publisher is King and you must not stop the King from publishing.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Hear Here!

This pathetic, phony little charlatan of a Stop Button has made me look like a fool for the last time! I was recently making a hurried revision to a drawing that HAD TO be sent out to the contractor's superintendent immediately, because it changed the block that was being laid at that very moment. My boss was standing right behind me, and I went to the publisher to create a PDF and e-mail it out... AND I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE "SELECTION ONLY" BOX! It published my entire drawing set, regenerating every drawing, and chewed on this for ten minutes while everyone in the world looked at me like some kind of moron, contemplating my termination. All I could do was pound on the unfeeling mouse button. To make it worse, I didn't Save first, so I couldn't just switch the computer off! I feel violated.

Can we just default to "Selection Only"?
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Da3dalus wrote:
Can we just default to "Selection Only"?
...another good idea.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is almost always a second and third method you can use to stop it (if you have PC and Windows, Mac I don't know).

Use your key [Break] or [<-] Backspace, sometimes one of those two keys will break current operation if not buttons will work. But this what I have recognize is depending on how much computerpower ArchiCad allocate. A slow computer are harder to stop than a new rocket thing.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The break key has always worked well for me, although it seems to cancel the entire process, (such that the dialog boxes closes too), not just stop it.

Alpha/beta testers have, and continue to ask for the Publisher to default to Publish Selected Items - when items are selected!

Cheers,
Link.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I know we don't like these things, but this may be a good use of an "Are you SURE you want to do that?" dialog.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Eduardo Rolon
"CMD+ ." = command + dot is the Os X shortcut
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator