Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Storey editing mode

Sandramuller
Contributor

Can someone explain to me when best to use this tool and how?

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

If you mean 'Edit Elements by Storeys', it is all explained in the help file.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=_AC26_Help%2F140_UserInterfaceD...

It just means you can copy elements without having to physically select them and you can also paste to more than one storey in one go.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I mean this one...

Sandramuller_0-1686721395023.png

Ah, that one.

I have never used it in 20+ years!

I have always just gone into Storey Settings.

Seems it allows you to graphically adjust the storey heights, ether just one, one and all below, one and all above or all.

Again it is all in the help file.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=_AC26_Help%2F050_ViewsVB%2F050_...

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Graphisoft helpline used it twice now.  Last week  the second time and I had the feeling he was using it as part of setting up storeys and levels of the landscape mesh.

I was wondering whether it is sth I should use more often when I start a project but if you haven't used it then maybe not required.

It doesn't set anything up to do with creating or deleting or re-naming stories.

All it does is adjust heights in a graphical way.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

As with Barry, I’ve never used that tool in my work.  Typically, you want to create your stories in the ‘technical’ Story Settings listing so that you can ensure all your story heights, naming, and relationships are all correct to site, to each other, and other considerations. To employ changes for stories in a graphical interface seems a bit risky to me and not as time-efficient than going back into the settings window.  
I’m of the opinion GS wanted to offer a graphical edit option so one can make proportional design edits on the fly. For example, raise a story height to make for better massing, allow for fenestration, or to line up with an existing level constraint while in section view.  Seems helpful in these ways, but I would be very careful of the project-wide impact those edits might create, especially on a large project.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors