cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stray Lines around section/ elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating elevations by using the section tool and then covering up the not needed parts with a solid white fill. The issues is when i go to print the sheet parts of lines show up around where the drawing frame would be. As if a little part of a line is right on the edge of the drawing frame. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does it actually publish?

I would try making sure the fill had it's contour unchecked. Failing that you could manually resize your drawing's frame.

Or if you really wanted to get to the bottom of it, you could (backup first and) explode your drawing and select the line(s) ato see what layer they are on. That may help you track it down in the model view. Then undo the explode of course.

Cheers,
Link.
Masking Fill.jpg
David Maudlin
Rockstar
HAL9000:

If the lines are on the edge of the drawing, a work around would be to use the Frame option in the Drawing Selection Settings dialog box. Set the line to a heavy white line, and the Border offset to 0. This will place a heavy white masking line along the edge of the drawing.

HTH

David
DwgFrame.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys! I think I will have to add the white border to hide the lines. Thanks again
Djordje
Ace
HAL9000 wrote:
I am creating elevations by using the section tool and then covering up the not needed parts with a solid white fill. The issues is when i go to print the sheet parts of lines show up around where the drawing frame would be. As if a little part of a line is right on the edge of the drawing frame. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. Thanks
If I were you, I would learn how not to use the fills ... one more thing to think about, that you don't really need.

Limited depth? Marked distant area? Layer combos? Many ways to do it ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen