Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

TIP: Library object organization (visual Favorite Pallet)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have not seen a tip like this posted so I wanted to share with the ArchiCad Community the way I set my Library objects I frequently use. It really speeds up productivity maybe it will help others.
1. Make independent details. Plumbing, Cabinets etc..
2. Adjust all setting for each object and insert into independent detail window.
3. Optional if you insert in the plan view pull up front elevation, select object and copy. When you paste it in independent detail it will turn into lines. This will give you a quick elevation view without opening the object.
4. Now you can ALT click or drag to floor plan objects you want and have all settings and layers pre-set.
Attached is a screen shot of what I have done.

Let me know if you find this helpful?

VisualPallet.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good organization. I prefer favorites but they have no Previews so naming schemes can get complex..
TomWaltz
Participant
I posted something similar a while back. It was a module off to the side of the plan on a ghost story.

The benefit of being able to do it in plan is that you can include walls, doors, windows, slabs, and other 3D elements.

Good idea for objects though!
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
hhd801,

Yes, this this is a variant of an old tip to do the same thing (with 2D elements only of course) with unlinked section windows. Since we have had independent Details in 9, it makes more sense.

Thanks for posting your tip, as it is good to bring oldies but goodies back to everyone's attention. (Tom is working on a FAQ that will no doubt include this.)

An example of these palettes is in the Graphisoft Detailer Templates (and PDF User Guide) - previously known as MSA until the bug fixed revision for the US SE9 library:

http://tr.graphisoftus.com/downloads/DL's%20for%20GraphisoftUS/AC%209%20stuff/ac%209%20library%20SE/...

It has seemed as if almost nobody has used the Detailer Users Guide and Templates as there has been no discussion here since they were released...?

Tom's comment of Modules is the classic method for palettes of 3D elements.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB