Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Serious roof problem!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am fixing someone elses bad design and wrong measurements and making the 3D model...but the roof is causing problems,
the roof is a curving sloping roof with 5 different roofs involved that all intersect, so when i make two roofs i can normally just make one the operator and the other the target and with a downward extrusion the excess from the two curving roofs will disappear....but not now, when i make the roofs i do this process once and the first operator will remove the lower excess, but when i make the other roof the operator the program freezes up and i have to end the program.....why WHY WWHHHYYYY does this happen and how do i stop it!!!! I need this roof really bad and it not working is like Kobe being found guilty...it would be devastating!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

the attachement is a rendering of the roof im working with(trying to remove the excess that shouldnt be there)

Gray 11-9-05 roof1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mate, you have picked up the worst combination in AC. Vaulted roofs and Boolean operations (aka SEO). Any result is unpredictable as both tools are obsolete (roofs) and crapy (SEO). If you are using lib parts for roofs - it depends on the way how they were programmed which virtually means an unpredictable result.

I know, I'm not helping you but I can understand your shear horror - I've been there...very close to bashing the keyboard over my monitor...thanks god that someone has called the ambulance...
::rk
I can fix that roof for you. No charge. Send me the file if you want.

jepsondesign@comcast.net

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25