BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

TRIM PROBLEM

Botonis
Advisor

Can anyone explain this because I have to use the shell editable triming operation several times in project and it seem it is not working propery.

Although the material priorities are correct (plaster-EPS-gypsum board) they are not taken in consideration when trimming a wall with an editable shell to create a wall hole.

When the elements are merged the operation is correct.

Am i doing something wrong because the only work around is to create two shells for every case which means double the work.

Appreciate any info or help on this!

TRIM PROBLEM.jpg

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
3 REPLIES 3
Carstenem
Expert

Hi Botonis, yes that one is not easy. You can see on the attached images I almost got it working but have the "wall strip material" still showing wrong.

I did select the wall first than activated the trim option and when hovering over the shell you can choose what to trim. This is in the 3D window btw.

I used in the second step a morph element, can be a slab etc. Again select the morph first then trim the shell. Now hide the morph element, don't delete it of course.

Hope this helps!

Cheers Carsten

Trim 1.jpgTrim 2.jpg
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Botonis
Advisor

Thanks Carstenem.

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid: A second operation.

It is also possible to use a second shell as trimming shell and the first one with a merging operation.

But the thing is that the trimming operation should work correctly. It seems the development of trimming between shells has not been completed and needs more work fro Graphisoft.  

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Yes with just one trim it looks like it is not working correctly. Just put it on Graphisofts list 😉

Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Learn and get certified!