Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

The best approach to creating a detail list....

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently creating a template for a company and they have all their details in autoCAD. My goal is to create a template where all these details are organized under the project map DETAIL tab. The problem is if i create these details by the time Im done there will be hundreds of details and it will be very hard to locate the detail I need. Since you cannot add any folders to the project map I am unable to make subfolders such as roof details, masonary details, etc.

What would be the best way to organize my details? Just keep them in one large archicad file and copy/paste the needed detail as I work. The whole idea was to be able to open the detail settings and link the detail to the already saved detailed drawings.

Please any advice on any efficient way would be greatly appreciated.

Kaan
Archicad 10
Windows
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
would view sets not do it for you? (rather than using the project map to navigate t the required detail, use the view map)
alternatively, numbering is a cetrain way that keeps all details to do with roofs for example, together? though i think the view sets are probably more efficient.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would group details in categories, I've done this on different way, sometimes one .pln file for each categories and in that file one detailwindow for each detail.
Sometimes I put one categories in on detailwindow, this is sometimes better if I want do put alot of details from same category on my layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume that your client is on Windows (as you are) but if they are using Macs there is a great little shareware program called ScrapIt Pro which I have been using and recommending since about 1990 (back then it even had a check box for "ArchiCAD Support"!!!).

I am working on this same problem for one of my Windows based clients right now. One possibility is to use a separate ArchiCAD file as the reference source and load it in the Navigator. The problem is that there is no visual feedback - you have to know the name or number of the detail to copy into your layouts.

I am trying out other possible solutions and will try to keep people posted as I go along...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I assume that your client is on Windows (as you are) but if they are using Macs there is a great little shareware program called ScrapIt Pro which I have been using and recommending since about 1990 (back then it even had a check box for "ArchiCAD Support"!!!).
This intrigued me and I did a quick web search. Is this similar to iClip? Would you recommend ScrapIt Pro over iClip? These look like great utilities that I have not taken advantage of. Could you elaborate a little on how you use ScrapIt Pro in your detail organization and placement? Do you use this in place of pre-setting up independent details or just a means to get the details into the pre set placeholders? Thanks for your advice in this area.
Maybe something useful here.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10