cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

This name is in use by a locked document

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to update hotlink modules or the main drawing where all my modules are placed or; when I try to save the drawing, i get a message that says: "this name is in use by a locked document" The only way around it is to do a save as. Does anyone know how to go around this as it is getting increasingly frustrating. The drawing or module is not open anywhere, so there should be no reason why it will do that.

I'll appreciate feedback on this.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the folder in which that MOD or PLN (the source of the hotlinked module) is located and check wether it is indeed set to read-only. OR in case of a PLN file, there may be a *.LCK file with the same file name as the PLN file. You can delete that LCK file and the PLN will not be locked anymore.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my problem, but the solution of deleting the lck file isn't working. The file still won't save once ive worked in it. It just says this name is in use by a locked document. Select another folder or use a different name. Any other suggestions?