BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

To Empty fill or Solid fill, that is the question

Anonymous
Not applicable
So here is a weird one.

I work in two offices and in one I use empty fills with pen 91 as a mask (cabinet over a floor pattern) in Archicad and it works fine in plotmaker. In my other office, I must use a Solid fill with pen 91 to get a mask, if I use the empty fill, it looks fine in Archicad, but then in plotmaker the empty fill is transparent, and I have checked and I am not using the naught pen.(tranparent pen).

Any idea why I have this discrepency?

And now that I mention it. what is the picture background pen, next to the naught pen, can I set the background to a picture?

And on the subject of fills, wouldn't it be cool if 3D slabs could have a 2D fill show up on plan? This could be a new tool with the option of having the 3d off. That way, you draw your floor slab, and it shows the floor pattern, without having to draw a separate fill, kind of like walls fill patterns, they could be turned off in display options.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan

In plotmaker always check that in Options/Preferences/Miscellaneous that fill display is set to 'Use fill's Background colour' - plotmaker can override these globally - by default I think it is set to transparent.

For the fill to slab see:

http://www.orbitsolutions.com.au/

I have not used the product but it appears to do what you want, one for the wishlists anyway.

regards
Learn and get certified!