BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wine barrel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem to make wine barrel. I use basic shape to make wine barrel, but it looks like trash can. I think that's because wine barrel are more curve on the side. Is there any way I can make the can curve as wine barrel? the attachment is the image that I have right now, so you can tell it just look like trash can.
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem to make wine barrel. I use basic shape to make wine barrel, but it looks like trash can. I think that's because wine barrel are more curve on the side. Is there any way I can make the can curve as wine barrel? the attachment is the image that I have right now, so you can tell it just look like trash can.
wine room.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've had this problem before, the way i work round this one is to use profiler.
Step 1) in your head slice a wine barrel in half. Now in archiCAD line draw a quarter of that shape.
Step 2) Line draw a circle as wide as you want your barrel.
Step 3) Select your shape (make sure that is it grouped) and go >tools>profiler click ok and magic wand the circle.

Take a look in 3D and you should have a wine barrel. If you find the object is inverted Ie the curve is on the inside. simply mirror your line shape and start again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've had this problem before, the way i work round this one is to use profiler.
Step 1) in your head slice a wine barrel in half. Now in archiCAD line draw a quarter of that shape.
Step 2) Line draw a circle as wide as you want your barrel.
Step 3) Select your shape (make sure that is it grouped) and go >tools>profiler click ok and magic wand the circle.

Take a look in 3D and you should have a wine barrel. If you find the object is inverted Ie the curve is on the inside. simply mirror your line shape and start again.
Djordje
Ace
ashley wrote:
I have a problem to make wine barrel.
Profiler
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you! I am going to try now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gemma:

I have one more question. Somehow I couldn't find profiler in tools manu. I was think it probably mean magic wand setting.

I draw the line and circle and group them together. Then I go to tools and magic wand setting. I set my tool box in wall tool, and then use magic wand to click the circle. but the shape come out so funny. Here is the attachment how it look like after I done. Could you tell me which step that I make mistakes? Thank you for your patience and help
Jacek
Contributor
ashley wrote:
Gemma:

I have one more question. Somehow I couldn't find profiler in tools manu. I was think it probably mean magic wand setting.
You will find it in the Add-On folder or in the Goodies folder.

Draw the section profile of the barrel shape and then group it and select Profiler and 'extrude' the barrel.
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Jacek:

That's amazing. BUT I only find add-on manager in the manu. I didn't see add-on folder or goodies folder. I am so sorry to bother you again, but could you tell me where can I find these folder? Thank you

Ashley
Learn and get certified!