cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Toggling Btwn Selection Arrow and Last Command

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

Does anyone have an idea how to toggle using the a keyboard button between the Selector Arrow and the Last Command Used. This was a function of the arrow key in V. 6.5 and doesn't seem to be present on V 9

Thanks in advance for any tip - -
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to options, work environment, keyboard shortcuts. Change to all commands in alphabetical order. Scroll down to arrow tool/last tool toggle, assign key shortcut, save.

This also brings up lots of commands you never knew existed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter - You're a GENIUS - Thanks sooooo much - you just cut drafting time by hours!!!

Thanks Again

Anonymous
Not applicable
what is this?
I start from AC 9.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is primarily useful for editing items - for example text.

One typically needs first to select the text with the Arrow, then you must click from the tool pallet text tool to edit.

Then if one were to move on to different text box, once again you have to Arrow select the text and then click the text tool and edit.

Peter's tip on the Arrow/Tool Last Toggle makes it very simple to toggle between the two (or any last command) without always having to move the mouse over to the tool pallet and click.

Anonymous
Not applicable
pdeppe wrote:
One typically needs first to select the text with the Arrow, then you must click from the tool pallet text tool to edit.

Then if one were to move on to different text box, once again you have to Arrow select the text and then click the text tool and edit.
Ofcourse with AC9 you can shift+select at any time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
That's from AC 1 to AC 9...

Back in version 3 there was no arrow tool and shift select was the only way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
s2art wrote:
That's from AC 1 to AC 9...

Back in version 3 there was no arrow tool and shift select was the only way.
I meant with any tool active, that's new isn't it? Or is that just the multiple select I'm thinking of (click off an item and drag a window), how quickly the old ways get forgotten.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
I meant with any tool active, that's new isn't it?
Nope, it's always been there. Single, multiple, select, deselect, accumulate & deaccumulate. The only difference since AC8 is the loss of the old caps lock function.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'll just shut right up then.....