cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tool Palettes keep disappearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 3 computers that have this problem. Upon opening a project the 3 main palettes aren't visible. The quickest way to get them back is to go to the Floating Palettes menu, hide them, then show them. Or I can quit and restart AC. Does anyone else have this problem and any advice?

I've also noticed that the program crashes now and then and offers a bug report. I'm somewhat displeased with this upgrade, and am wishing I were back on version 6.5.

Thanks,
Art Lum
aka spreizfus
--
AC 8.1.0 v2
PowerMac G4, 896MB RAM et al
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are experiencing the same problem in our office. It seems to happen consistently to everyone. A quick switch between Plan and 3D windows brings them back so it is just a minor annoyance.

I haven't had the chance to check this in Windows. Has anyone seen it there, or is it a Mac only problem?
__archiben
Booster
i get it occasionally with 8.1 - as matthew says, opening a different window (3D, section elevation, detail) clears it.

i can force it to happen consistently when i sign-in as 'view-only' to a teamwork project. as far as normal operation goes, i haven't tracked down what causes it, but it will happen more often than not if archiCAD is taken out of focus whilst it's opening a file . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have been working exclusively in teamwork lately. Maybe that has something to do with it too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much for the tip. Switching windows is much easier than hiding and showing 3 palettes.

Matthew wrote:
We are experiencing the same problem in our office. It seems to happen consistently to everyone. A quick switch between Plan and 3D windows brings them back so it is just a minor annoyance.

I haven't had the chance to check this in Windows. Has anyone seen it there, or is it a Mac only problem?