cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Toolbox problem

TomWaltz
Participant
I've seen this a few times in AC9 and it continues in 10. I'm hoping some who's better with the Work Environment might have an answer.

When using a custom Toolbox in Archicad, sometimes the Toolbox goes off the bottom of the monitor, making it impossible to grab the lower-right resize corner. (Apple, obviously).

Is there some other way to grab the corner to make the box shorter? I really don't want a full-height toolbar!
Tom Waltz
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen this particular behavior. (I assume that it is a case of the toolbar spontaneously changing and not that you have it set that way on your Cinema Display.)

I have had my toolbar "fatten up" spontaneously from my usual single column of tools to the three column style in your screen shot, but it stays its original height. (This only seems to happen after an error in the 2D Full View or 3D View of the library part editor.) I usually just stretch it back, but it also works to reapply the work environment.
TomWaltz
Participant
Matthew wrote:
I haven't seen this particular behavior. (I assume that it is a case of the toolbar spontaneously changing and not that you have it set that way on your Cinema Display.)

I have had my toolbar "fatten up" spontaneously from my usual single column of tools to the three column style in your screen shot, but it stays its original height. (This only seems to happen after an error in the 2D Full View or 3D View of the library part editor.) I usually just stretch it back, but it also works to reapply the work environment.
Right, The Toolbox opens that way when turned on from the "Windows > Floating Palettes...." menu. Since there is no resize corner available, I cannot get to the width or the height.

I ended up using a different Palette Scheme then modifying it back to the way I wanted. Kind of a pain, but at least it works.
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz wrote:
I ended up using a different Palette Scheme then modifying it back to the way I wanted. Kind of a pain, but at least it works.
That's the only way. I switched to a two-column toolbox, partly to get away from that problem.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's the only way. I switched to a two-column toolbox, partly to get away from that problem.
I haven't had access to a mac for a while now, but are you able to double click on the top of the Toolbox (where it says Toolbox), and have it return to it's original position?

This can be done on a PC to switch the position of the palette from docked to non-docked. I was just wondering (even though palettes don't dock the same way) if you could use the same method on a mac to at least solve the last part of the problem?

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
Then there's this OTHER toolbar that is tinier and gives no grief.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
enabled via:
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Then there's this OTHER toolbar that is tinier and gives no grief.
I don't know why, but that one seems a little creepy to me. Maybe I should give it another go.
Dwight
Newcomer
Why NOT be modern and look at all of those extra graphic toolbars/command grafix?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Why NOT be modern and look at all of those extra graphic toolbars/command grafix?
Or I could go deconstuctivist and make a separate floating toolbar for each tool.