cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tracker

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some time I have had a problem with the tracker randomly turning off without me wanting it to. I have to go back into the menus & turn it back on.

I thought there may of been a keyboard shortcut that I was doing accidently, but cant find any reference to one.

Any Ideas anybody.
10 REPLIES 10
Dwight
Newcomer
I will give advice like Dr. Sung Park of "Monday Mornings":

Give shortcut: "J". Tracker disappear - you make appear!!
Be boss. Not dead.
Dwight Atkinson
compu
Contributor
Rather than assigning a shortcut to Show/Hide Tracker (which had been my own solution, too) it would be a better solution to report this bug to Graphisoft to let them fix anyway within a hotfix. It's a boring thing which remains for years and here is how it does happen:

On the plan, do a little zoom in/out, then just "before" zoom in/out refresh is finished, press M to start measure function... Well, at the time you quit measuring, you'll see that tracker is now turned off!
archisem.com
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
compu wrote:
On the plan, do a little zoom in/out, then just "before" zoom in/out refresh is finished, press M to start measure function... Well, at the time you quit measuring, you'll see that tracker is now turned off!
This has been a long standing frustration of mine. I've reported it to Graphisoft Tech Support but couldn't quite put my finger on what caused it. Thanks to your post compu I now finally know what causes it so I can try to avoid it in the future!
AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Eduardo Rolon
compu wrote:

Finally an explanation on what turns it off.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, thanks for explaining what it was. Never knew the action that shuts it off. But I find the first "out of frustration" question other people at the office ask me about AC is "I used to be able to input numbers and now I can't". And it's always the tracker shut off.

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I usually find it's there at the end of a session. But not there when I start a new session.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
compu wrote:
That's great that you've figured out what turns the Tracker off! Well done!

Fortunately though, it only seems to turn it off it's visibility not it's functionality, and is easy to turn back on via the Toolbar.

Nevertheless Graphisoft should be made aware of it.

Cheers,
Link.
Tracker.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
compu wrote:
Hahah just tried it....its going to be a hard habit to break
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
compu wrote:
Rather than assigning a shortcut to Show/Hide Tracker (which had been my own solution, too) it would be a better solution to report this bug to Graphisoft to let them fix anyway within a hotfix. It's a boring thing which remains for years and here is how it does happen:

Thanks for posting the steps that are required to replicate this problem. Forwarded this to our dev folks for fixing.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT