cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Very slow dragging in 3D

ethanbodnar
Advocate

This happens quite few times each week. But not all the time, just super randomly. Dragging my mouse across the whole screen, but in 3d I’m not really moving that far as I should be. Any ideas would be so appreciated, thank you!

Since you can't upload videos to this forum, you can watch my sreen recording here, https://file.notion.so/f/f/79d2a13f-5bbc-497e-a230-d0b375889a03/c2d98c97-0982-4b03-b8b3-a32a3470cc5d...

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

Archicad v26, MacBook Pro, MacOS 13 Ventura, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, RAM 64GB, Non-SSA, Twinmotion User
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

You can upload videos here.

Is your model very far from the origin (horizontal or vertical height)?

Try switching between Axonometric and Perspective 3D views.

In another post you seem to be modelling in a storey but offsetting -101'?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Windows-are-very-far-away-when-moving-them/m-p/601676#M...

Maybe that is having an effect?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ethanbodnar
Advocate

Yes this time it happens when I'm far from the origin. Seems to be when I'm just sketching or brainstorming other little ideas, and so I'm off to the side of the actual model which is at the origin point.

I'm not sure what you mean by switching from Axonometric and Perspective 3D views? I mean I can do that, but I like both views for their own reasons and should be able to use either wherever and whenever, right?

The support documentation does not say that the Origin works this way, even though that seems to be what is happening maybe. I guess I could move the User Origin but that seems kinda clunky, https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/_AC26_Help/030_Interaction/030_Interaction-19.htm#:~:text=Orig....

Says I don't have permission to upload videos when I try, but no worries! Hopefully the link works to see what I'm experiencing.

Archicad v26, MacBook Pro, MacOS 13 Ventura, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, RAM 64GB, Non-SSA, Twinmotion User
ethanbodnar
Advocate

So just tried and the very slow dragging / zooming only happens in Perspective + when you're far away from the Origin Point.

Setting the "User Origin" does not solve the issue. Your only option is to do all your work as close to the Origin point as possible? 

Setting the user origin will not help.

Your model should always be close to the Project Origin - both horizontally and vertically.

An MP4 video will attach if it is less than 75MB.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ethanbodnar
Advocate

"Your model should always be close to the Project Origin - both horizontally and vertically."

This is good to know now, but this doesn't make any sense. Some examples:

• If I'm working on a 2 acre estate project, where do you put the origin point? This means if I'm further out the interface is going to behave differently.
  • If I'm iterating and doing basic massing for the conceptual design phase, I've got a lot of little 3d sketches, and they all can't be close to the origin point.

Hopefully this can become a wish?

@ethanbodnar The "close to Project Origin" does not refer to navigation... but that if things are MILES from the origin, then there starts to be round-off/truncation error in coordinate values resulting in weird things being displayed...

2 acres is nothing.  I hate to keep saying this, but please work in axonometric views and NOT perspective views when modeling in the 3D window.  That is the cause of all that I've seen you unhappy about 🙂 

And turn on and dock the Navigator Preview to help you navigate in all views, including panning/zooming in 2D views.  

One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Setup info provided by author