Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Extrusions (Horizontal)

Is there a way to define a wall profile (horizontal). Like the vertical profile.
Would like to define a vertical corrugated wall that repeats the correct spacing with wall length and maintains the profile as the height changes.
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
5 REPLIES 5
That is a very good question. The short answer is no.
"Wall Extrusions (Horizontal)" is what you are asking about, but it may not be the only way, or even the best way for you to accomplish what you need.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I've used the curtain wall tool in some cases to achieve this but would like the flexibility of creating custom extrusions.
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Karl Ottenstein
I believe the Cadimage (NZ) wall accessory add-on (extra cost product) can generate vertical corrugated metal siding and respond to window/door openings as you desire.

I think your question is mis-stated though - the metal that you illustrate is extruded vertically - not horizontally.

Actual horizontal extrusions are easily done with a complex profiled wall.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
sinceV6
Advocate
Thomas,

Why do you need to model the corrugated metal siding?

When I have done that it was for shop drawings with cut lists and schedules and modeled each individual sheet.

If you don't need that, there are other ways to get what you want.

I am modeling an airplane hangar/house/shop with corrugated metal siding and I am doing it with only a simple 2-line wall type and wall tags.

It has about 9 skins.

If it is for a rendering you can get about any texture you need for that and with a little bumpmaping you can improve the rendering.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25