Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Interface with Roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I am new to ArchiCAD and I have some issue on creating walls. It maybe quite basic so hope someone can help me out with it.
I am trying to use grasshopper with ArchiCAD connection to build a parametric house. I found that when I build a wall and roof, there will be a triangular hole between the wall and the rood (see Wall 01).
I would like to know how can I use the basic wall component to fill the hole. The first idea comes to my mind is to extend the wall a bit higher then use the bottom of the roof to trim the wall. But I don't know how to do this 'trim' in grasshopper... Another idea is to build 2 trapezoidal wall to fill the hole. But I also don't know how to create a trapezoidal wall, the two ends of wall seems always restrict to the same height in ArchiCAD...
I know that you can use the morph to create whatever kind of shape however you cannot apply window or door on it if it is not a 'wall' object.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hole between wall and roof
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Something you need to be aware of is that the Grasshopper-ARCHICAD connection is a relatively new development so it does not offer all the capabilities of what you can do in ARCHICAD, including element Connection commands.
One possible solution may be to create a Complex Wall with the exact section profile you need (slanted top) and then use that Wall type in Grasshopper when generating the Wall.

Otherwise you would have to trim the Wall with the Roof in ARCHICAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27