cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trim problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
the texture seems to be washed away after trimming the walls by the roof. although i refer to the upper part of the roof the body of the walls are intersected with the lower part of the roof. is there any way to override this problem?

bm.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
it could be related to New Target Surfaces ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
i did not use the solid element operations method. just did trimming.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found I had this same problem switching from v15 to v18....I had to dig for HOURS and found the solution by trial & error. this should be easier to find in the help topics.

Solution: you need to check the intersection priority for the roof material, and be sure it is higher than the intersection priority for the walls you are trying to trim.

in the pull down menu:
options-element attributes-building materials-intersection priority

good luck!
Billy Earnest
Contributor
I was running into the same problem. I tried the settings mentioned in the previous post, but they didn't work, as I don't really have "building materials" assigned to my complex profile walls...which I assembled for my own template a few years back. (AC16 & earlier).
In AC 18, I finally got it to work by checking the Roof Settings, & changing the "Trimming Body" from the default "Pivot Lines Down" to "Contours Down". Now it works!
iMac & MacBook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing! It was such an easy fix too, wonder when the other setting is useful because it just looked broken!

Best

Johan
Billy wrote:
I was running into the same problem. I tried the settings mentioned in the previous post, but they didn't work, as I don't really have "building materials" assigned to my complex profile walls...which I assembled for my own template a few years back. (AC16 & earlier).
In AC 18, I finally got it to work by checking the Roof Settings, & changing the "Trimming Body" from the default "Pivot Lines Down" to "Contours Down". Now it works!