Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall intersection

Michael
Contributor
Why is it sometimes the the wall pokes through to opposite side of wall and other times it can not be recreated, i.e. wall intersection is not shown, as viewed in a three dimensional view ?
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
7 REPLIES 7
Michael
Contributor
What is toggle to keep interior wall from showing on exterior wall when priorities do not clean-up intersecting walls?
Screenshot 2014-12-30 16.49.52.png
Mac OSX 10.10
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michael:

One way is to give the interior wall layer a different Layer Intersection Group number from the exterior wall layer. In the Help files see: Configuration > Attributes > Layers > Use Layers to Prevent Intersections.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Wall priorities?
Skin Priorities?

Screen shots and other info would be helpful...
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Or quick and dirty you can use the Adjust command to make you internal wall end at the inside face of the external wall.

Cheers,
Link.
Michael
Contributor
David:

Your response is appreciated, and, explains the intersection group numbering clearly, while in a 2D mode. This is useful, of course, in certain circumstances for plan delineation.

Our issue concerns the 3 Dimensional planes, where the Layer Intersection Group number seems not to apply.

Please see screenshot that illustrates our finding to date, and looking for other "fixes" / "comments" / "confirmations", if they exist, to explain graphic procedural requirements.
Mac OSX 10.10
Michael
Contributor
Accidentally have two threads with same subject matter…
perhaps moderator can join? [merged by moderator]

best to you in 2015 Erika
Mac OSX 10.10
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michael:

Looking at your last screen shot, I cannot tell what the issue is. Have you checked wall Settings > Model > End Surfaces: Override using Adjoining Walls?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14